Saturday, July 25, 2009

The Marathon Bug Bit--#2 here I come!

I got bit by that bug my running friends warned me about. . . I have signed up for another marathon. I new I would want to do another as soon as I was done with Burlington (hopefully this not a sign that I didn't run hard enough). I have even set my sights on the possibility of grand plans for my approaching 30th birthday next June--3 marathons by 30? I think this would be an amazing goal and accomplishment for me. While I wait to figure that out--I registered for the Indianapolis Monumental marathon in November in Indiana. The plane ticket is purchased and the first week of training was this week! For this marathon, I also signed up for a marathon training group in Salem. For 12 weeks I'll have a real coach and track practice once a week with group runs on Saturday mornings at 7 am for our "long runs." I think this will help mix it up a bit and give me new routes to run and good people to train with (I loved training with my last partner for the record).

Here is the website if you want to join me or just check out the marathon info: Indianapolis Monumental Marathon Link.

No comments: