Thursday, December 10, 2009

Indianapolis Marathan Proves Monumental

I must say that the Indianapolis Marathon was in fact Monumental for me. With the help of the support noted in the previous blog, I shaved a substantial amount of time off my marathon finishing time wrapping up the race in 4:03, over 13 minutes off my Burlington finish. This race was one of the most organized races I have run with a ton of water and Poweraid stops, lots of crowd support, ample start and finish line amenities, and a fabulous t-shirt that finally fits me without the aid of my sewing machine! The weather was great and even got a little warm at the end. My favorites moments, besides running with the support of my family and finishing with my husband next to me, were running down Meridian street and running around the Circle Center monument. I later learned that while we Hoosiers call this just that, "Cirlce Center Monument," it is really the Soldiers' and Sailors' monument recognizing Indiana vetrans. Next time I am in town, maybe I'll climb the 331 steps to the top and observe the city from yet another perspective. In the meantime, here are some photo highlights of the race.

No comments: