Saturday, December 13, 2008

Break on Through. . .

Ah, I believe I broke on through to the other side of winter today. After days of rain and cold temps in New England. . . I crashed through an iced over puddle early into a morning run resulting in filthy lake filled shoes and freezing toes for another hour and twenty minutes! Luckily, my running club companions also had cold wet feet and kept on going with me so we talked and got our mind off our feet.

I hope to knit under a huge pile of warm blankets the rest of the day taking a break to work on some Christmas presents at the sewing machine. The scarf I am knitting is a redo of a merino wool scarf that just wouldn't stop curling into a tube scarf and is coming along nicely. More details on the Christmas presents (and photos) once they are delivered:)

Here is a photo of the annoying curling scarf that I "frogged," a.k.a. ripped out, and the progress on the new scarf:

1 comment:

John M said...

Hey MJ
I miss the Saturday runs!
I will join you and the rest of the club this Saturday, maybe it will warm up for my return.
John