Monday, June 1, 2009

A Week Later

The first week after the marathon went about as I expected. I was definitely sore on Monday and a little on Tuesday, but quickly learned that moving around was my best friend. I went back to work on Tuesday, but each hour I got up and walked around which helped keep me from getting stiff. Wednesday, I even worked out for 25 minutes at lunch pedaling on a stationary bike which did wear me out. I also found that I was generally worn out each day and requiring more sleep than usual--almost like when you are coming down with something or just getting over a bug.

Saturday was my first "run" post marathon. I went out for a run with my husband and ran with him for a mile "warm up" before he set out for slightly faster speeds and I continued slowly around our favorite cemetery. As a side note, the cemetery is a beautiful place to run--the pathways are asphalt, the grounds are well managed, there is a pond and tons of shade, and it is quiet with very little traffic. I managed to continue on for 45 minutes traveling a little over 4 miles (I even made it up and down a couple of small hills). Slow, but not bad. My body felt good and it was so nice to get the legs moving again. Ahh, nap time!

No comments: