Monday, March 16, 2009

30K Organized Training Run (Run to the Beach)

Okay, so we really didn't end up at the beach, but did run in the general direction toward the Atlantic and probably within 5 miles of it. The Run to the Beach run, was however a fun organized training run--this means a guy yelled go, there was more than 1 crazy person running along the road (130 of us), and there were nice guys with water and music at mile 5, 10, and 15. This was my longest run yet at 30K, or 18.6 miles. 9 of us from the Wicked Running Club (Salem's finest bunch) set out in a caravan at 8 am and ran from North Andover to Salisbury MA (at a bar of course). I ran with one of my fellow Wicked runners, one of the team Glenda runners from our December Mill Cities relay adventure. She was great--pushing me a little harder than I push myself and encouraging me up the hills and when I entered "new territory" after mile 16. We finished in just under 3 hours. It was a perfect day for a run, a brisk 42ish degrees when we started and 50 when we finish with the sun beaming all the way.

1 comment:

Alison P said...

Hey Melissa,
You neglected to mention our "tasty treat" afterwards, my favoite part of the run after seeing all the ice cream stands along the way (that were still closed)! Yummy and well-deserved, tx for the great time!