Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Countdown

I have decided to begin providing weekly updates on how these last training weeks leading up to the marathon are going and what I am doing. I have 11 weeks until the marathon from this week (meaning there are 11 weeks counting the marathon week and 10weekends before marathon weekend). All of my long runs from this point on will be new territory for me, including this weekend, and who knows what kind of learning opportunities and thus odd stories might await us. Here is the breakdown of my planned remaining weekend training runs. Hopefully, this being public will help keep me accountable. I will spare you the details of the runs during the week, but they generally include two easy runs, two speed workouts, and the long run.

Week 11 (March 9): weekly total 37 miles, long run 18.6 miles
Week 10 (March 16): total 30 miles, long run 10
Week 9 (March 23): total 36, long run 20 mile race
Week 8 (March 30): total 23, recover week, 8 mile longest
Week 7 (April 6): total 38, long run 18
Week 6 (April 13): total 41, long run 20
Week 5 (April 20): total 27, long 8
Week 4 (April 27): total 44, long run 22
Week 3 (May 4): total 35, long run 15
Week 2 (May 11): total 20, long 8
Week 1 (May 18): RACE WEEK

This week (11) my long run will be an organized training run that I am running with friends from my running club this Sunday. Here is the website about the course: http://www.timedbyyankee.com/2009Races/runtothebeach/. Look for an update and photos from that run soon.

Finally, I know this is about running and SEWING. I will continue to write about sewing as I can, but realize that running takes a lot of time. I do have a sewing lesson planned for a friend and her pal, so you can also look for those if the running doesn't interest you.

No comments: