Friday, May 1, 2009

99 Miles Til marathon day. . 99 Miles Til Marathon Day

Take one down, run it along, 98 miles til marathon day. . .

Whew, still sounds like a lot, but in the past 13 weeks of training I logged 350 miles, so what is 100 more? Plus, after this weekend the number will be reduced by 30 with only 68 miles left! Crazy what it all adds up to equal. Anyway, this week has been hard to get out the door, but once again I found help in my husband who ushered me out two days this week when I just wanted a nap. He even ran speedwork with me (which is hard!) logging a high mileage day for him and a lot of effort from us both.

The last looonnngggg run is this weekend--22 and is the final long test run before the big day. I plan on running with my marathon partner and hit some hills to really get the full effect in. We'll test clothes for chafing and fuel processes one last time to try and push that wall further and further out. The 15 and 8 the following weeks will hopefully feel like a breeze! I'll keep you posted as the countdown continues. . .

No comments: