Monday, May 18, 2009

Less than a Week Left

There is less than a week to go--just 6 days! No more duplicate days, just 1 Tuesday, 1 Wednesday, and so on. Sunday's run was only 8 miles. I also got my last sports massage and good wishes from The Sports Spa. Now, mostly just rest. No weight lifting, no cross training, nada. I think I will sqeeze in an abs class tomorrow, but I have been doing that all along and no more after tomorrow. It is just to help keep me from going crazy:) I have 4 miles tomorrow, 5 on Thursday, and two Saturday. Oh, and an ice bath as often as I can. Plus, NOTHING NEW--no new food, no new work out classes, and no new plans for the marathon strategy. Stick to the plan--now that is something I am good at:)

Speaking of plans, I have started packing. For me, this means lots of lists and items being piled on the spare bed. The pile will grow as items are added and checked off of the list. Glad we got a big car:) Here is a sample list of what to pack for a marathon away from home:

Packing List

Running Shoes
Socks (two pair of those tested during long runs)
Travel Itinerary
Prescription Medications
Emergency contact list (phone numbers and email addresses)
Medical Alert (if needed)
Medical Records (especially for international travel in either hardcopy or CD form)
Garmin Watch, charger, and heart rate monitor
Fuel belt
Singlet (this means racing tank top)
Shorts
Warm-Ups (Jacket and Long Pants)
Sports Bra
Gloves (there was frost advisory in Burlington tonight)
Hat
T-Shirt (Long and Short Sleeve)
Sweat Shirt
Tights
Rain Jacket
Body Glide and Vaseline
Workout Bag
Towel
Race Confirmation (to receive race number, if applicable)
Ibuprofen
Safety Pins
ID Tags (for you and your bag)
Toilet Paper
Sample Size Toiletries
Garbage bag (to use in cold or wet weather or to store those sweaty clothes)
Sunglasses
Sun-Block
Power Bars
Gel Energy Supplements (those for the race and extra) (I will need 6-7 for the race)
Snack/Pre-Race Items (e.g., Bagels, Muffins, Fruit, etc.)
Sports Drinks
Bottled Water (especially for the car)
Foam roller
blankie (yes, I want my own blanket and pillow the night before)
pillow

Let me know if I forgot anything!

1 comment:

John M said...

MJ
I think you have it all covered!
I will be looking for your results Sunday!