Saturday, January 2, 2010

First Long Run of 2010

January 2nd brought the snowstorm the running club was glad did not occur on Jan 1 and welcomed me back to long runs. I am running Burlington again for my third marathon to reach 3 before I am 30! Just over twenty weeks till marathon day! I ventured out with a friend and ran from Salem into Marblehead. Due to the slush we were working through and the wind we abandoned our plan to run Marblehead neck (an island) and ran through the streets of Marblehead ultimately getting lost (though we can always turn around with my GPS watch so you're never really lost). We were a little short on distance, but made it up in hard work and hills. Regardless we found ourselves a new favorite running route and a beautiful winter wonderland that made all the hamstring and quad burning worth the while.

No comments: