Monday, January 18, 2010

Sewing is Back

All it takes is a snowy/icy Monday off for Martin Luther King Day to cancel my plans and create the unexpected opportunity to catch up on my sewing pile. You can't get to the fun projects when a pile of alterations and mending is in the way. So, today, I hemmed two pair of jeans and a pair of track pants. While hemming is usually relatively quick, I was extra extra careful and used the rule measure 5 times cut once since one of the pairs of jeans were my new favorites and I didn't want to mess them up. I even ripped the hem out once and re-did it when it didn't look smooth enough. I also took in a very cute white fleecy vest I got for Christmas from a friend and then proceeded to wear it the rest of the day--it is the perfect laying piece for days like today. Finally, I attacked another race shirt removing 3 inches out of each side, 3 inches off the bottom, and 4 inches off the sleeves (which I swear hung down to my knees). If the race wasn't one of my favorites and the t-shirt really nice, I wouldn't bother. It still doesn't fit perfectly, it is hard to take up the armpit area too, but it sure is better and is no longer a nightshirt or a shirt that I give to my husband (he has a really nice running shirt from one of my other favorite races from the fall already).

Hopefully, now that those mending items are out of the way I can finally get to some fun projects!!

No comments: