Sunday, January 3, 2010

Snowshoe Wonderland


The area of Lynn woods (rumored as one of the largest parks within one municipality at 22,000 acres or something) proved a winter wonderland once again. Snowshoes on, I ventured out with a pretty decently sized group and met some new people. We ran through wide areas and single track areas that were much more difficult to navigate--all proving photo worthy and worth the work to get there. I saw places of the woods I have not seen before, but have heard my friends talk about--Stone Tower and Dungeon Rock (the rock shaped like a skull--look at the as a profile and you'll see it). Dungeon rock is not called skull rock because there is literally a dungeon in it (see the little door) and there is rumored treasure buried in the dungeon. Yes, we did stop for a history lesson and it was great!


I also ran by a few places, like this frozen lake, where I literally had to just stop and pull out my camera!









Font size










No comments: